Subscribe:

07 January 2012

Photographs and Memories

For each milestone in our life, we want it properly documented. Sometimes we take for granted the things we have today, not knowing that we will not be able to bring back today once it becomes yesterday. One of my all time favorite song is Paul Anka's "Times of Your Life". Yes I am a sentimental junkie! This song never fail to bring tears to my eyes. Let me share with you the some parts of the lyrics : 

Good morning, yesterday
You wake up and time has slipped away
And suddenly it's hard to find the memories you left behind

The laughter and the tears
The shadows of misty yesteryears
The good times and the bad you've seen
And all the others in between
Remember, do you remember?
The times of your life

The mem'ries are the time that you borrowTo spend when you get to tomorrow
Here comes the setting sunThe seasons are passing one by oneSo gather moments while you mayCollect the dreams you dream today
Remember, do you remember?
The times of your life


For some trivia, this same song was used in a Kodak TV advertisement way back in 1977 :


Indeed the times of our life are priceless, once gone we can never get it back, we can never have everything in rewind. Maybe the reason I am getting a little emotional about it is because my daughter just turned one. With all the milestones that are unfolding before my eyes everyday, if only I can, I will hire a DC photographer to capture all of these memories and transform them into photographs so that I can look back at it in the future. 

So let us gather moments while we can, collect the dream we dream today and remember the times of our life.



*credits to www.youtube.com for the video clip used above




I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog for DC photographer and was compensated. However, the views and opinions shared are 100 % my own.










0 your thoughts here::

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...