Subscribe:

08 January 2012

Do You Know the Way to San Jose?

San Jose, California will be a future home for me. I know that eventhough I have mixed emotions about migrating and moving to my husband's place, it is inevitable. I don't want to get too emotional because in the first place this is supposed to be a happy start for me and my husband (and our family).  It is just my anxieties creeping over me.
In terms of getting ready, I will yet have to prepare a lot of things here before my daughter and I leave. I will need to fix and arrange our things-to give out those that can still be used (hand me downs), dispose those that are literally junk already and arrange those that we will keep in storage. On the other hand, my husband also needs to do a lot of things, mainly some minor renovations around the house. He will need to make sure that the house will be child-proof and safe for our daughter. Aside from that he also needs to check the insulation system of the house and replace it with those like of energy efficient metal buildings to make sure that we will all feel comfy and warm. 

AERIAL SHOT-SAN JOSE DOWNTOWN (image source : www.aerialarchives.com)
Moving on to some amazing facts about San Jose, it is the third largest city in California, the largest in the Bay Area and tenth largest in the United States. San Jose was founded by Jose Joaquin Moraga on November 29, 1777 as El Pueblo de San Jose Guadalupe which is the first town in the Spanish colony of Nueva California, which later became Alta California. For almost 150 years, the city served as a farming community during Spanish military  installations at San Francisco and Monterey.

When California gained statehood in 1850, San Jose served as its first capital. By the 1990's, San Jose's location within the booming local technology industry earned the city its nickname, Capital of Silicon Valley. True to its location in the heart of Silicon Valley, it is now home to the headquarters of many "tech" companies. San Jose now maintains global city status and is the largest city in the San Francisco bay Area in terms of population, land area, and industrial development. 






I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog for Energy Efficient Metal Buildings and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own. 

*information source : Wikipedia







0 your thoughts here::

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...