Subscribe:

21 October 2011

mommy moments - mommy's unforgettable stories

Unforgettable stories???Actually there are lots...too much  to share to the point that you can't remember them all anymore, that's actually the irony of it!

way back 2004...sana bumalik ang weighthehe
For me, maybe the one most unforgettable stories I'd tell even to my grandchildren is OUR LOVE STORY. (Corny?!I know, I know...) Well why not?I wouldn't be what I am now if haven't met a funny and persistent guy some 9 years ago...
Ours is a long distance relationship even at the start. My husband is based in the US because of a family sponsored petition. I was on the other hand working as a sales consultant in a company in Ortigas. The year was 2002 when a friend tagged him along to attend a celebration over at my cousin's house. And then it happened, my cousins (knowing I am single, and believing he also was-but actually was not!) gave my complete information to him including a $10 phone card for him to call me, and he did! I was shocked to receive a call from an unknown person miles away, but I have to admit I enjoyed talking to him that first time. We chattered about so many different things until the card has been all consumed (approximately 2 hours).

in March 2007
Before we hung up I apologized for my cousins's  intrusion of his private life (and the pressure they have put on him by giving the $10 phone card to call me,ahaha) and at the same time also thanked him for his time. He told me it's nothing and promised that he will still call me even if he would be the one to buy his card. Kilig namn ako! I tell you there was something in that first call that gave me a feeling, that something's different about him, I don't know, I just knew it. That night I was trying to shake off the idea of that "something" and kept on telling myself  'Hindi na sya tatawag, that's it folks!Hanggang dun lng yun!' But he did call again the next day and the day after and the day after that, and the rest is history...

We were married in 2009 after seven years (and a lot of phonecards). 
4.18.09
It was a triumph over distance. In fact my friends and the people who knew about our love story said that ours is a non-conventional one, a proof for them to believe that love crosses all borders and disprove the cliche that "long distance relationships doesn't work". It does. BUT (and that's a BIG but) it is not easy and it will never be easy. It was twice the effort until now. The seven years away from eachother before we got married has not been an easy ride, it was full of bumps and blows, ups and downs, of right, left and U-turns (most came from him, hehe). 
sa haba man ng prusisyon sa simbahan din ang tuloy...
In the end, as they say LOVE prevailed. It was a concerted effort to make it work and for us, a lot of sacrifices. I must admit that there were times before when I nearly quit and thought maybe it was not meant-that all was just a learning experience. But one thing I can say, of all the quarrels and fights we had before we got married, I have never ever heard Mark (hubby) call for a time off/cool off or even a break up. And maybe that's one factor, never ever giving up.
After almost 10 years, here we are at a new phase of our lives as parents. Though I am raising our daughter now single-handedly, 69+we are on high hopes that we will be together very soon. And when that time comes, that's the only chance we can make up for the past years that we were not together. Yes indeed, those were lost times but we shouldn't cry over spilled milk. What we can do instead is to look forward to greater and happier moments ahead. 
April 2011
And that's my most unforgettable story...


Written for : 

6 your thoughts here::

Tetcha said...

Your wish to be together as a family will soon come true, and for sure, that will be a wonderful story that you'll share with your daughter and to your readers. Happy MM! I hope you can visit my entry, too: http://www.pensivethoughts.com/2011/10/mommy-moments-mommy%E2%80%99s-unforgettable-story.html

Chris said...

love story like yours is so wonderful to read. sometimes, in a world like ours, you can become negative and not believe in power of love... but i was greatly encouraged to know your story. i pray that you and your hubby will be together soon so that you will have more memories together as a family! :) God bless you! Thanks for joining this week!

Icar said...

@tetcha-thank you for the good wish, I hope all will be very soon...thanks for the visit as well

@mommy chris-it is always fun to join MM, thank you for your prayers

God bless both of you!

Mirage said...

I was one of those who experienced a long-distance relationship that didn't work out...I though too that with hubby now, we're not gonna make it work but it did. My your love story be an inspiration to those who are in the same situation and hopefully you'd be together physically, I said physically coz even if you're apart you know too well that it's not a hindrance for love...

Rcel said...

Very nice, sis! I am a product of a sacrificial long distance love affair when my then boyfriend has to leave Philippines to come here, just barely 6 months since we started dating. Like you said, it was never an easy ride. But it takes, two, right? And we two did commit to do it together; thus, we're still sticking around.

I hope you can be together soon! Hali ka na kasi! :D

Visiting late for MM! Hope you don't mind. :)

A DRAMAFUL LIFE

Mel_Cole said...

Akala ko si Kris Aquino. artistahin beauty mo sis. you are gorgeous in your wedding and ang sweetamz naman love life mo. graveh. May GFC ka ba dito? ala akong nakita sa sidebar mo eh. mag-follow sana ako.

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...